Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Lily

Lily,
Your daddy and I were talking tonight after you and Bear went to bed and neither of us can believe you are already 4. It seems like just yesterday when we were bringing you home from the hospital and starting our new lives as parents. Last night, as you were going to bed, you were worried that you'd wake up much bigger because you were going to be 4. It was so cute to see your concern about growing too fast. Obviously, you didn't double in size overnight, but to me, it seems like overnight you've gone from being a toddler to a big girl. You have brought so much into our family over the last 4 years and we love you more than we ever thought possible!
You've changed so much this year. You've started going to preschool 3 mornings a week and just love it. You adore your teacher, Ms. Jennifer, and you've learned so much. You can write your name, name your colors in English and Spanish, and are learning what it means to share and be a good friend. You are still taking gymnastics and have recently moved into the 4 year old class. You can do forward rolls, headstands, and prance across the balance beam. I can't wait to see what fun you have with your friends on Saturday at your gymnastics party! You love going to church and have had a great time going to Cubbies this year. I've been amazed at how many verses you've been able to recite and how your understanding of Jesus and His love for you is developing.
I love seeing what an incredible big sister you have become. You are so good with Bear and he thinks the world of you. I love hearing him squeal "Ily" with excitement when he sees you! You have your moments of fighting and not sharing, but the majority of time you play as if you are the best of friends! He is so lucky to have you and I hope you too always cherish your role as the "big sister".
Your imagination and independence are so much fun to see developing. You love to run up to your room and play with your babies each afternoon when we get home. When I peek in on you, you have them going to school, to the movies, or taking naps. You take such good care of them and definitely have a nurturing and gentle spirit. You love to get loud and wild at times, dancing, making up stories and songs and do a great job of including Bear in on your fun.
Lily, I could write pages of what you mean to me. I've dreamed of being a mom since I was a little girl and fell in love with you before I even laid eyes on you. I am so incredibly blessed to be your mom and I pray that God continues to equip me with what I need to your momma and raise you to be a woman that chases after Him.
Happy Birthday Princess! We love you so much!

No comments: