Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm a Preschool Graduate

Oh, how fast this school year has passed by. It seems like just yesterday that we dropped off this sweet little 3 year old for her first day of preschool...and this week, this beaming 4 year old graduated! We've loved every minute of Lily's preschool experience. It brings tears to my eyes to see how much she has grown in just 9 months - she is growing up entirely too fast! On Thursday, Lily's preschool had the 3 year old graduation ceremony. It was such a sweet program that showed off all that they had learned throughout the year. All of the 3 year old classes (there are 3 others) put on a great performance full of songs for their families and friends. Mammy and Paw were able to join us and we were all so proud of Lily as she stood at the front of the sanctuary on her big day.Lily was the first of the group to get her "diploma"After the graduation program, we headed back to her classroom to change clothes and leave for her end-of-the-year party at Devilrays, a local gymnastics/cheerleading facility.
Lily and Mrs. JenniferLily with Mammy and PawSilly Lily, playing on the slide at DevilraysI love this picture - Bear spent the whole afternoon chasing after his big sister, and she was more than willing to have him following her around. What sweet sibling love!Bear looks like such a big kid sitting with the rest of Lily's class, listening to directions.Enjoying her snack - Agan's sugar cookies and cheetos

I can't say enough of how much we've enjoyed Lily's preschool this year and we can't wait to see how Bear grows next year as he starts the 2 year old program there. We found out this week that Lily got into the Cartersville City School Pre-K program (it is a lottery drawing) so she'll be attending a new school next year! As nervous as I am about it, I know she'll love it and do great, as she has definitely developed a love for school and learning this year! Congratulations sweet Lily Grace, our first preschool graduate!

1 comment:

Dhall said...

I can't believe Lily is getting so big!! I feel like you were just calling me telling me she was born....sniff sniff.....love the pics!! The kids are so cute!!