Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Mason!


Today, we traveled over to Flowery Branch, GA to celebrate Mason's 1st Birthday! Mason's mommy Diana has been one of my best friends since college and it was a treat to share this special day with their family and friends.

Mason is such a sweet little boy. His big blue eyes and sweet personality light up the room. He enjoyed his birthday party so much. Ben and Diana did a great job - we had hamburgers, hot dogs, and lots of yummy sides. There were a few kids close in age to Mason, Bear and Lily and they all played great together!

Lily enjoying her lunch at the kid's tableBear's 1st attempt eating at a "big kid" table

Mason wasn't too sure about his birthday cake at first, but it didn't take long for him to make a big chocolately mess! He's definitely all boy and devoured his cake for as long as him mom and dad could stand the mess!

Checking out the cake

Just a little taste...
Mom, this is good!
Lily partaking in the cupcakes and ice cream

After a quick clean-up job, we watched him open gifts. He got lots of fun toys, clothes - and Lily's favorite was his new Cozy Coupe car.

The funniest part of the party was when we were getting ready to leave. Usually Lily is very shy and clingy around Diana and Ben - she doesn't see them often and typically sticks close to me. Well, today she was having so much fun at their house, she didn't want to leave. I told her "bye bye" and went outside to the car with Bear thinking that she would then decide she'd rather come with me. Not a chance! It didn't faze her a bit. When I came back in a few minutes later to get her, she had a full fledged tantrum - and we haven't had one of those in a while! When I finally got her in the car and strapped in her seat (with her body flinging, this took a while), she put a plastic toy bucket over her head and cried for 20 minutes. Diana - next time we visit, I'm bringing a suitcase - she can stay with you for a while :)

1 comment:

Dhall said...

My you are on the ball with your postings!! I am so glad that we got to see you all today!! Lily and Bear are welcome to stay anytime!! I am flattered that she wanted to stay (although I know it was because she liked the toys)! We will have to get together soon! Email me those pics if you get a chance!! Thanks again for making the trip and Mason (and I) LOVE the gifts!! The picture will be perfect for his room!