Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dining Room Chair Re-Do

Out with the old...

and in with the new...sort of!


I decided to recover my dining room chairs this weekend! It was much easier than I expected and I'm so pleased with how they turned out. I'm not normally one that's very crafty, but it was so exciting to have a hand in making something for our home. I think I'm going to ask for a sewing machine for Christmas - I would love to try and make some pillows, curtains, placemats, etc...any suggestions for a good machine to learn on?

3 comments:

Dhall said...

I am soooo impressed!! I am hoping to get my grandmothers sewing machine....one thing...I have no idea how to use it!!

Anonymous said...

it looks good!!

Katie Jones said...

Those look awesome! One of my first home crafting projects was recovering the chairs of my KMart dining room set in college, and I used a red and green plaid, too - maybe the same one! Great minds think alike!

I love my machine... it is a Singer Touch & Sew. I got it from JoAnne's, and it was one of the mid-range priced machines- I think about $200. It is very easy to use, the bobbin is easy to wind (a big plus for me - that was the hardest thing with my first sewing machine), and it will do lots of different stitches with just a "touch"!