Today was the day I've been looking forward - but also dreading - since Lily was born. She had her first day at preschool today. I really can't believe that she is old enough to be in school already! I was told when she was first born that time would fly and at the time I didn't see how it could. It seemed like the days of round the clock feedings and diaper changes would never come to an end. Now, it seems to me like time is flying by...3 years have come and gone so quickly!




This morning, Josh and I took her to preschool together. We both wanted to be there to see and share in this milestone with her. Lily did great! She was thrilled to put on her backpack and walk into school. She seemed to remember where her classroom was and was excited to see "Miss Jeniper" (Jennifer). She put away her backpack and headed straight to the doll/kitchen center. We hung around for a few minutes, but she was oblivious to our presence.
She did great - Momma didn't! Josh had to somewhat peel me away from the door. As we got in the car and drove him to his office, the tears started falling. The 3 1/2 hours passed quickly and she was so excited when I picked her up. She told me about playing on the computer, seeing her friends Meredith, Ailee, and "the other Lily" on the playground, and drawing a picture for me.
Lily, you are growing up to be such a big girl and Momma and Daddy are so proud of you. I am so excited to see what you are going to learn this year in preschool. I pray that the Lord will open your ears, eyes, and heart to all that is around you as you experience school for the first time. You are such a special blessing and we love you sweet Lily Grace!
2 comments:
She looks so beautiful and grown up. I can remember being heartbroken and so proud at the same time. It is so amazing how time goes by so quickly.
I can't believe she's already in preschool!!!! It seems like only yesterday, I was holding your newborn!
Post a Comment