Fall is here....and we couldn't be more excited! This is one of my favorite times of the year - cooler weather, leaves changing colors, pumpkins, and fun memories to make with family and friends!





We've had a great weekend thus far! On Friday, we enjoyed the Cartersville Homecoming parade downtown, had dinner outside at a favorite barbecue spot, and watched as my 4 year old daughter walked through our neighborhood holding hands with the boy she's going to marry :) That's right - Lily has her first crush and she is smitten with a sweet boy that lives behind us! The weather was so nice that we decided to skip the football game and play outside! Lily and Bear love the twin boys that live behind us and the four have become fast friends. They've even figured out a way to sneak through the fence to get to and from each other's yards. The boys went on a walk with us on Friday night and every chance Lily got, she was holding Wesley's hand. I so wish I would have had my camera with me. She told Josh that they were going to get married and have twin girls! Josh and I could hardly control our giggles! She capped off the night by asking if they could spend the night when their mom came to pick them up - Josh had to draw the line there, but boy are we in for it in a few years!
Today, we went to the Primary School's Fall Festival. This was our first time going and the kids had a blast! They got to play games, have their faces painted, watch an exotic animal show, and take a hay ride! Bear even won his own box of cupcakes playing a cake walk. He was too cute - when the music would stop, no matter what number he was standing on, he would run and stop on "7". After 3 or 4 rounds, #7 was finally the winner! He was tickled to pieces and couldn't wait to open up his treats! After a few hours, we were all exhausted and spent the rest of the day napping, playing outside, and watching football!
The stress and busyness of work recently and our hectic family schedules has had me a bit down the last few weeks, feeling as if I don't have enough time in the day to be the mom, wife, and friend that I want to. I hate this feeling, as I know it is Satan attacking me at the biggest source of my insecurity. This weekend was exactly the reminder I needed of just how blessed I truly am! I am so thankful for the life God has given me and the chance to slow down and savor the little moments that are so important this weekend! My wants and desires are not always in God's plan - but there isn't any place that I'd rather be than resting in the Lord's arms and trusting Him to carry me through this journey!
2 comments:
Looks like fun! I wish I could see pics of Lily and her bofro!!
:) He's adorable, but my goodness...she's 4 going on 16! You just wait! Anna Claire were certainly keep you on your toes too!
Post a Comment